- Providing a scientific platform for those clinicians and scientists interested in Movement Disorders.
- Building a greater understanding of Movement Disorders and impaired motor control functions among clinicians and scientists.
- Delivering better health outcomes for Indian and International communities.
- Interpretation of new diagnostic information and the advancement of pharmacological and neurosurgical treatments for Movement Disorders.
- Providing educational programs and trainings for clinicians, scientists and the general public with the help of latest scientific and clinical knowledge about Movement Disorders.
- Conducting research in Movement Disorders in collaboration with different national and international organizations in clinical and applied neurosciences involving Movement Disorders.
- Encouraging members of society to do research and to present their work in national and international conferences.
- Developing and validating different rating tools for evaluation and assessment of different types of Movement Disorders as relevant to the Indian context.
- Publishing guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of various Movement Disorders in India.
- Publishing research papers, journals for development and enhancement of scientific knowledge.
- Collecting donations from various sources/ agencies to fund research in movement disorders.
- Publishing a society journal for publication of research articles on movement disorders.
- Developing web based educational material for general public and clinicians.
- Organizing public education programs to spread awareness of Movement Disorders.
- Providing medical and other support to the needy patients suffering from any movement disorder.
- To work as a unit toward understanding and research in movement disorders.
Dr Hrishikesh Kumar
Movement Disorders Society of India,
Institute of Neurosciences Kolkata
185/1 A,J,C Bose Road, Kolkata 700017
Email : secretary@
Dr. Soaham Desai
Consultant Neurologist, Professor and Head, Shree Krishna Hospital and Pramukhswami Medical College, Bhaikaka University, Anand, Gujarat
Email : [email protected]